- What information do we collect?
- Do we store payment information?
- What do we use your information for?
- Where will your personally-identifiable information appear publicly?
- Where will your image be used?
- Engaging with Fantasy Baseball UK on social media
- How do we protect your information?
- Do we disclose any information to third parties?
- Managing your information
- Reporting a concern
- Terms and conditions
You may visit and use our Website without providing personal information about yourself or having to log into an account. However, in order participate in the fantasy baseball game or the online forum, you will need to register an account, and to do some other things you will be required to provide some information about yourself.
We collect information when you:
- Create and update your account on the Website
- Subscribe to our email newsletter or join one of our mailing lists
- Respond to an online survey
- Fill out an online form, like the Contact Us form or when posting a comment on a page on our Website
The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Your image (e.g. if you upload your photograph to your online profile)
- In specific circumstances, you might be asked about your gender, ethnicity and, where applicable, disability, e.g. when we run equality and diversity surveys. Providing this information is entirely optional and you can state your preference not to say.
In some circumstances, you will be asked to make payment through the Website. Most commonly, this is if you opt to pay to register a fantasy baseball team, but other examples could be to attend an event, donate towards the running of the site or buy merchandise.
The information we collect from you through the Website may be used in one of the following ways:
- To enable you to create an account to participate in our online fantasy baseball game and to send you any prizes you may win as a result of participating.
- To assist you if you ask for help to access your account or fix any problems you encounter with managing your fantasy team.
- To enable you to join discussions in the Website forum or post comments on news articles and pages on the Website.
- To keep a record of membership, winners and standings in the game.
- To manage registration and attendance for any events we might organise.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To contact you with important information relating to your involvement in the services listed above. We will normally contact you by email. The contact details you provide will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to that service. In rare circumstances, it may be necessary to contact Website users with important information relating to their Website account, e.g. for data security reasons or important changes to Website functions.
- To send newsletters and updates to subscribers to our mailing lists. You can unsubscribe from our mailing lists at any time by using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link on the newsletter or contacting us directly.
- To send you information about opportunities or products we think you might be interested in based on your involvement with fantasy baseball, including some from select partners and third parties. You will receive this only if you have opted in to receiving such mailings when you are given the choice in one of our forms, mailing lists or elsewhere on the website. You can unsubscribe from such mailings at any time by following the ‘Unsubscribe’ instructions on the mailing or contacting us directly.
- To improve our Website, game offering and customer service based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- In the case of equality and diversity surveys, to help inform future decisions on policy, procedure and activity planning. In most cases, gender, ethnicity and disability information is provided anonymously, i.e. the survey is not directly linked to your name or other identifying data in our databases. In all cases, none of the equality and diversity information provided will be used in a way that can identify individual participants.
We limit the amount of personal information about you that appears on the Website to other users. Your full name appears on the team profile page for your fantasy team, which anyone can access by clicking on the team name in the league standings. However, none of your other personal information appears on the team page.
Likewise, we may reference your full name if your fantasy team is doing well, if you win one of the game’s competition categories or you enter and win another contest or promotion we run. This may occur in round-up news articles we post on the Website and in update newsletters emailed to subscribers of the mailing list. If you would prefer your full name not to be published in these communications, please contact us as soon as possible to request this.
If you submit a comment on a news article or page on the Website, you will be asked to provide your name and email address as well as your comment. This is to help verify that you are a real person (rather than a spam robot) and prevent anonymous posts that might be offensive to others. Your email address will not be published on the Website and you do not have to provide your full name.
If you create a profile to join the Website forum you must create a nickname to use in the forum and can opt to provide other information such as your location and a photo of some kind to use as a forum avatar. How much personally identifiable information you provide in your profile is completely up to you. Your email address will be associated privately with your forum profile in order to send you optional notifications about discussions or messages (either the email address registered to your FBUK Website account or another email address you used to sign in to the forum). Although other forum users can send you a direct private message (‘DM’ or ‘PM’) through the forum, they cannot see your email address.
Any other personal information that you choose to publish in discussions in the comments section of pages on the Website or the forum is provided at your own discretion.
In addition to the above, in such case that your entering a contest, promotion or survey run by Fantasy Baseball UK might result in us publishing your name or any other personally identifiable data on the Website or public communications, we will make the details of this clear in the specific terms of the contest, promotion or survey at the point that you choose to enter.
If you upload a photograph or image to your online user account it will be stored securely on our servers along with your other profile details and used in line with the purpose and functions of your user account. For example, you can opt to upload a photograph or image that will appear publicly on your fantasy team profile page. You can opt to upload a photograph or image that will appear on your profile in the Website forum. You can change or remove the image at any time.
If Fantasy Baseball UK runs an event, photographs of the event may be taken either by FBUK or by authorised event photographers. It may be the case that attendees of the event appear in photographs of the event that we include in news articles on the Website, in email newsletters and social media promoting the event. It is often the case that the names of individuals are not identified in these photographs, although sometimes they will be when it is relevant to the content of the article. If you wish your image and/or name to be removed, you may request this.
Where children/young people under the age of 18 are concerned, we will not publish the name of individuals together with photographs containing their image in such a way that the child/young person could be personally identified, unless we have received the express consent of the individual’s parent/guardian to do so and it is relevant to the content of the article.
In such case that a different photographic policy applies to a specific event organised by Fantasy Baseball UK will make the details of this clear in the description of the event at the point that you choose to attend.
Fantasy Baseball UK uses certain third party social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter to promote the game and our Website content, and to engage with users of the game. Although it is not necessary in terms of being able to participate in the game, you can opt to engage with FBUK via these social media channels and to enter into communication with us and other users via those means. The level of engagement is up to you and may take different forms, e.g. becoming a ‘follower’ of our social media channel, posting or replying to a comment on one of our social media posts, posting an image to one of our social media channels, etc.
Your online account information associated with any of our services run (e.g. your FBUK Website account) is password protected for your privacy and security. You choose your password so the strength of that password is determined by you, and you can change the password at any time. In certain areas, we use industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
The personal information stored in our database can only be accessed by a small number of FBUK administrators authorised with special access rights to our systems for the purpose of operating our services, and they are required to keep the information confidential.
We do not install any spyware or adware in connection with our services or authorize any third party to distribute any commercial message by means of spyware or adware. ‘Spyware’ or ‘adware’ is any software which has been downloaded to or installed on an Internet user’s computer or device, without the user’s actual consent, and facilitates the distribution of any commercial message to the user.
Yes. Cookies are small bits of data we store on the device that you use to access our Website (e.g. computer, mobile phone, tablet), so that we can recognise repeat users, save your preferences for future visits, enable functionality and monitor website performance.
For more information, please visit the cookies page.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. The exception is those trusted third parties who require access to certain information in order to assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or providing services to you. Access is provided on the understanding that those parties agree to keep this information confidential, secure and in adherence with data protection laws.
We may share aggregated demographic and website analytics information with third parties. This data is not linked to personal information that can identify you or another individual person.
You can edit and update information held in your online account (e.g. your FBUK Website account) by logging in to it and making changes.
You can unsubscribe from receiving mailings from us at any time by clicking the ‘Manage my subscriptions’, ‘Manage my preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ links on the email, following the ‘Unsubscribe’ instructions on the mailing or contacting us directly.
If you have a concern about how your information has been handled by us, please contact us. If you still have a concern after that, you can raise it via the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the independent authority set up to uphold information rights and data privacy.
This policy was created on 31 March 2018.